|First time logging in to Turnitin:
- Go to this website: www.turnitin.com
- Click on new user in the upper right hand corner
- On the create a user profile screen, drop down the box and pick student, click Next
- Provide the Turnitin Class Id and password given to you by your instructor, click Next
- Enter your WJU email address, click Next
- Create your password to use from this point on, click Next
- Select a secret question and give the answer, click Next
- Type in your first and last names, click Next
- Click I agree - create profile
- Click end wizard and log in
Submitting your first paper:
This now takes you into the Turnitin software package.
- Click on the class for which you wish to submit your work, click on the assignment name for this submission, click on the Submit button
- Give your paper a title and browse for your file to upload it
- Click "Yes submit" if the preview you see is the correct paper to submit to this class
- Within a short amount of time, you should be able to go back and see an originality report for this paper. (This sometimes takes several minutes the first time that you submit a paper.)
To enroll in another class and submit a paper for that class:
- Click the My Classes button at the top of the screen
- Click the enroll in a class button near the left edge
- Type in the class ID and password given to you by another professor and click Submit
- That class will now appear in your listing with the other class.
- Click on that class name and choose the appropriate assignment to submit a paper
When finished using Turnitin:
Click logout at the top of the screen when you are finished submitting your work.
If your professor allows for several submissions for a particular paper, you will typically need to wait 24 hours before you can review an originality report after your first submission. In other words, you won't be able to make more than one submission a day for a particular assignment and get the report. Some faculty members will only allow one submission for a paper. Be sure you are aware of faculty plans before submitting your work.
After your first login, you'll be able to login to the site by just giving your WJU email and the password that you created the first time you logged inů (you won't use "new user" after your first time into the software.)
The site has a timeout. If you sit too long, you'll need to log back in.